CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, March 18, 2011

Just a bunch of words...

That's all I have these days.  Sorry for the lack of posts, but between work, the kids and the wedding - pretty much ALL of my time (plus some) is being used up.

But, we are good, we are happy and we are almost there!!!

So, let's start with some updates shall we?

Jaxon:  Is going through a "boy" phase.  I'm not sure how to describe it, he has huge swings of polar oppositeitis.  One minute he is sweet as sweet - kind, lovey, thoughtful and the next he's getting notes from his teacher that say "He refuses to do anything he doesn't deem as fun."  Seriously?!?!?!  He's in kindergarten!  Granted there has been a lot of change in our lives over the past year or so and I can't help but feel like he got the brunt of it.  I try to console myself by saying "I'm doing everything I can." and "It will get better soon."  I just pray that I haven't forever screwed him up.  He is such a good kid and just craves to be loved.  I know he doesn't understand, but I'm so much closer to being home with him than ever before - just a little while longer buddy - I promise!

Kyah:  She is so excited for this wedding!  She is convinced that Colby is marrying both of us.  She is excited to wear her white dress and hold her flowers and go to the temple.  I have surrendered her to Colby - she is more his these days than mine.  It makes my heart so happy to see them together.  It's always a fight to see who gets to hold Colby's hand (will Dad's always be cooler than Mom's?)  Kyah has actually settled lately - which is LOVELY.  Only when extremely tired or not feeling well do we see the temper flares of the past - I am so grateful.  She is very fun to be around and is such a chatty Kathy.

Colby:  Is having to deal with me - in the midst of the craziness (poor guy!)  It's amazing he still wants to marry me and to his credit has been much less likely to have a freak out than me.  Initially we made bets on when he would have his "I'm getting married freak out" but thus far he has been excited and patient and pretty much fantastic.  He is very busy helping me take care of details while we try combining our lives.  A LOT OF CHANGE!!

Amber:  I am just super excited!  Honestly.  People think I'm crazy and that this is too soon after getting divorced - but, if someone walked up to you and offered you everything you had hoped and dreamed of your whole life - wouldn't you take it?  I am!  I'm jumping at the chance.  Now while it may sound like I am an 18 year old with rose colored glasses - please keep in mind that I was married for almost 5 years and a single mother for 2.  I do understand what marriage entails.  But, because of the things I've learned so far - I know how different this is. 

Pictures soon - I promise.

1 comment:

  1. I am soo excited for you!!! Jaxon and Chester sound exactly the same! It's not worth Chester's time unless he thinks so. I just go with HIS flow!

    ReplyDelete