CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, June 3, 2011

Garden of Eatin'

(Liz how did you know I was going to post these...)
Meet our 1st attempt at a garden.  I am tickled - Colby is slightly worried.  He doesn't think anything will grow in our clay heavy soil, but I'm optimistic!

We planted red, yellow and green bell peppers.  Can you see the baby peppers already??

We planted cherry and early girl tomatoes - just for me and the kids - Colby abhors tomatoes.

This is my strawberry patch - that's right - a PATCH.  I've always wanted a strawberry patch.  We only tilled up a section of the dirt and we went a seed/plant happy at the nursery so these little beauties just wouldn't fit in the garden area... but I have a lovely little flower bed at the back of the house and these are lovely there.

Here are rows of corn, broccoli, carrots and beets.

We also planted lettuce, watermelon, cantaloupe, pumpkins, several cucumbers and beans.
Please grow little plants - PLEASE!
(I will take pictures as the garden progresses) 

1 comment:

  1. That is awesome! I hope it grows for you too, best of luck and yes, keep us updated. I love watching things grow.

    ReplyDelete