CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Grandpa Z

As promised here... During Thanksgiving we went up to my Great-Grandpa Z's house and spent time with him. He is 97 and is very ill and I am afraid will not be with us much longer. We had a lot of fun visiting with him and hearing old stories. I love to take my kids up there - they are the 5th generation and my Grandpa always gets a kick out of that.


My Grandpa loves to collect cars and tractors. Here are a few pictures from Grandpa Z's "Museum". Enjoy! This is a Studebaker. I can't remember the year (I will have to ask), but this is the only Studebaker of this model and year currently rebuilt and running in the country. My Grandpa is pretty proud of that.


This is a 1915 Jeffery with all original 14,000 miles. This is one of my favorites.


This truck was gorgeous! It has inlayed wood in the bed. This is the exact same truck my Grandpa used to have on the farm, so he found one and had it fixed up.

The kids LOVED playing in the cars. They both fought over who got to drive. Jaxon was amazed and how many different cars there were.

Model T

Chitty Chitty Bang Bang anyone?? That's all I can think of when I see this car.

Some of Grandpa's tractors. He had a row of John Deeres, a row of McCormicks and a row of the Allis Chalmers.

"I can take you for a ride on my big, green tractor... as long as I'm with you, it really don't matter..."




Jaxon and his Great-Great Grandpa. Kyah loves to say "Grandpa Z" it sounds more like Granpa Zeeee. I love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment