CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, February 10, 2010

5 Seconds

The other night Kyah was sitting at the kitchen counter and snapped a door off one of her toys.  She asked me to help and I fixed it for her.  She thanked me by giving me a hug and saying "Best Mom Ever!" (Which she has never said before - to ANYONE.)  My heart was overfilling at the thought that even if only for that 5 seconds, my two year old thought I was great.  It's amazing what 5 seconds can mean.  In the constant worry and guilt that is associated with having had to work their entire lives, that 5 seconds is a life raft.  The thoughts that crowd my mind and haunt my dreams that I have missed their childhood, the cute things they say, the influence I should be, the MOM they are missing... all of those thoughts go away, if only for 5 seconds.  They are lucky to have a Dad that loves them endlessly and who has had more opportunity to be with them, but, Oh how I MISS THEM!

I will always cherish those 5 seconds whenever I can get them and I will learn to be better about playing with them more and worrying about the mess/bills/groceries less.

Since her first time saying, she has said it 7 more time (exactly), but who's counting?

2 comments:

  1. I love those moments. Juliana has started saying I am her best friend ever. It's great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You ARE a great Mom and that girl is beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete