CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, February 8, 2010

Grandpa's Last Ride

This is my Great-Grandpa Z. You met him here. Last Sunday, the 31st he "moved" back in with my Great-Grandma. He lived 97 fast and furious years. He worked hard, he played hard, he loved the gospel and his family. I have never known anyone with the tenacity, strength or work ethic that poured out of my Grandpa. He loved to make the grandkids scream/laugh. Whether it was swerving into a bush or putting on a silly wig, he was a GREAT grandpa. I will miss his sweet face.
I will forever be grateful for the blessings of this place and the opportunity to be an eternal family.

I can't imagine having to go through this past weekend without the sure knowledge that I will be able to see him again and that he is having an amazing reunion with my Grandma.

Much to our families surprise and excitement, this beauty was sitting in front of the church when we showed up for the funeral. No one had requested it or was even aware that the funeral home had such a car. The funeral home had taken it upon themselves to bring it out, knowing my grandpa was such a "car" guy.

If he couldn't go in one of his own, I know he would have appreciated this. The car was beautiful. On the trip between the church and the cemetery, we passed Grandpa's house, the driver pulled in to let Grandpa come home one last time before proceeding on. It was the hardest and best part of the weekend.

I love you Grandpa, give Grandma a kiss for me and I'll see you soon enough.

1 comment:

  1. I'm sorry to hear that your grandpa passed away. Thinkin' about you, my dear :)

    ReplyDelete